The Hawaii bar Exam is administered over two days. The essay portion of the exam will be administered on day 1. It consists of seven Multi state essay Exam questions and a section on the Hawaii Rules of Professional Conduct. In the afternoon, examinees are required to answer two 90-minute Multi state Performance Test questions. On day 2, the Multi state Bar Examination is administered. Bar exam dates are last Tuesday and Wednesday in February and July. The exam is conducted at Honolulu. Application fee is $300 and the fee for Character Report is $200. The exam consists of MEE with 7 essay questions, Ethics with 15 multiple choice items and MBE of 6 hour with 200-question multiple choice test.
The bar exam tests on subjects such as:
- Family Law
- Federal Civil Procedure
- Real Property
- Trusts and Estates (Decedents’ Estates; Trusts and Future Interests)
- U.C.C. (Negotiable Instruments, Art. 3; Secured Transactions, Art. 9).
- Conflict of Laws
- Constitutional Law
- Contracts (including UCC Art. 2, Sales)
- Criminal Law and Procedure
- Business Associations (agency, partnership, corporations, LLCs)