The Indiana bar exam lasts two days. It consists of the six-hour Multi state Bar Examination (MBE), two 90-minute Multi state Performance Test (MPT) problems, and six 40-minute Indiana essay questions specifically covering Indiana law.
The subjects that may be tested on the Indiana bar exam are:
- contracts, including UCC Art. 2 sales
- criminal law and procedure
- family law
- property, real and personal, including real estate finance administrative law
- business organizations
- commercial law (contracts and Uniform Commercial Code)
- constitutional law (Indiana and federal)
- pleading and practice (civil procedure, criminal procedure)
- wills, trusts, and estates.
The bar exam dates of 2010 are February 23-24 and July 27-28. The state of Indiana requires that the applicant graduate from an American Bar Association approved law school as well as pass a background check.