The Nevada bar exam lasts 3 days. On day 1, four essay questions and the Multi state Performance Test (MPT) are given. On day 2, the Multi state Bar Exam is administered. The candidates must have graduated from an ABA approved law school, and they must have earned a bachelor of law. The filing fee is $750 which shall be paid to the State Bar of Nevada.
The February 2010 Bar Exam will be held on February 23, 24 and 25. The July 2010 Bar Exam will be held on July 27, 28 and 29. The exam will be held in Reno & Las Vegas, simultaneously.
The following subjects may be tested on the Nevada bar exam:
- corporations (business associations)
- criminal law and procedure
- domestic relations (family law)
- legal ethics (professional responsibility) (tested on every exam)
- pleading and practice (civil procedure) (Nevada and federal)
- real property
- agency and partnership (business associations)
- community property
- conflict of laws
- constitutional law
- contracts, including UCC Article 2 sales
- UCC Articles 1 (general provisions), 2 (sales), 3 (negotiable instruments), 9 (secured transactions)
- wills, trusts, and estates